Saturday 23 February 2008

Too much of a good thing

Have you ever suffered from the overload of inspirations? It happens often in my case and though I have many ideas I end up being dressed in quite simple navy blue or black tones. I sometimes think I should live in a totally white interior with no bright interference - but it would be boring for a long time. I'm influenced by the clashes of colours of the book covers that stand on a shelf next to each other, by every postcard I have in my view, by flowers in a vase... I really love just to sit on my couch and watch all the different hues and textures I have in front of my eyes, but sometimes it just gives me a headache. On the other hand, I get a headache when I have to spend lots of time in a room, in which colours are ugly and don't match. My workplace is so badly designed it seriously hurts me when I look around, thus I have my eyes constantly glued to my computer screen.

The clothes I'm wearing here are supposed to make me a bit more feminine (do they?). Such a tight outfit is not always particularly comfortable to wear for a whole day, but one can't always wear jeans and a T-shirt. The shoes have quite high heels but they are chunky so the body weight is not being put only on the front of my feet and so I don't get blisters. I bought this shirt two years ago on a sale in Whistles, one of my favourite chain of shops. Whistes normally have quite expensive pieces but they organise great sales and then clothes cost just a fraction of their original price.

The painting is Johaness Vermeer's "Woman in blue reading a letter" and the third picture presents the entrance to the cathedral Notre Dame du Sablon in Brussels.



Top - Whistles
Pencil skirt - Benetton
Tights - Marks & Spencer
Shoes - Faith
Beads - H&M
Belt - vintage

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Podoba mi się absolutnie wszystko w tym zestawie. Wygląda bardzo stylowo, a spódnica świetnie podkreśla figurę. Oklaski! :)

Ryfka said...

Pięknie wyglądasz! Ten strój idealnie podkreśla Twoją figurę. Baaaaardzo kobieco. I w ogóle uwielbiam taki fason spódnic.

Też często cierpię na nadmiar inspiracji. Mam tyle pomysłów, a nie mogę ich zrealizować, bo pogoda, bo wygoda, bo to, bo tamto... Ale mam nadzieję, że co się dowlecze, to nie uciecze. A tytuł notki skojarzył mi się od razu z piosenką Too Much of a Good Thing is a Good Thing (country music mnie bierze i nic na to nie poradzę :)

Anonymous said...

I think my eye is sometimes "too trained", if you know what I mean. Because of my work I spend a lot of time surrounded by blogs and images and therefore I sometimes feel I've seen it all already. Thankfully from time to time some images or sentences I read inspire me and push me to dress more creatively.

You look very feminine indeed. That denim pencil skirt combined with the vintage belt gives delightful twist to your outfit.

Aesthetikophilos said...

Traxaa: Dziekuje :)

Sztywniara: Tez lubie taki fason spodnic, ale trzeba uwazac, by nie byly za szerokie i za dlugie. W tej podoba mi sie wysoki stan.
Dzieki za piosenke, nie znalam jej, ale pasuje mi tu swietnie :)

Sanna: Many thanks :) We all need encouragmenet in order not to feel too comfortable and safe in our own style.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, już wszyscy powiedzieli wszystko to ja tylko dodam, że nawet fryzura przepiękna i niezwykle kobieca. Coś miałam jeszcze dodać do tego, co napisałaś ale chwilowo zapomniałam. Jak tylko sobie przypomnę wrócę tu z wielką przyjemnością. :)Buźka.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty interesting. You learn something new everyday.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Bardzo kobieco. :) Prosto,ale fikuśnie jednocześnie. To lubię.

Aesthetikophilos said...

Pyza: Fryzura Ci sie podoba? A to mnie zaskoczylas... To moje zwykle wlosy, ukladane, ale zwykle. Dziekuje :)

Dave: Thanks for popping by :) Women's wardrobes can be quite interesting, can't they?

Kajakowo: Ciesze sie, ze Ci sie podoba :)

Anonymous said...

Dopiero teraz odkryłam twoje drugie wcielenie i jestem pod wrażeniem!:) Szok! Świeny pomysł i będę tutaj na pewno stałym bywalcem!
A teraz o kreacji:) Bardzo mi się podoba, wszystko współgra i bardzo kobieco wyglądasz. Cudnie!

Solardew said...

Witaj,
Dziękuję za miłe słowa na moim blogu. Dzielna wcale nie jestem, ale się staram.
Właśnie teraz, kiedy mały śpi, ja zaczytuję się w Twoim blogu :))
Pozdrawiam gorąco!

Aesthetikophilos said...

Foxinaa, Solardew: Dziekuje ogromnie za wizyte :)
Foxinaa: Dzieki za mile slowa, przyjemnie mi sie zrobilo :)
Solardew: Ja i tak uwazam, ze jestes dzielna, trzeba miec sile, by sie nie zalamac. Wszystkiego dobrego :)

StacyF said...

its a killer outfit. the whole effect is hourglass and tres feminine. I love, I want, I need those shoes!!
Love your blog by the way. I am a regular caller to Fred the Mole's Easy Fashion blog on the streets of Paris-found you there.

Aesthetikophilos said...

Smaro: Thank you very much :) Its fascinating how people find each others' blogs :)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.